100% fractionated coconut oil with aloe vera gel
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice powder is the powder obtained from the freeze-dried gel of the leaves of the aloe vera plant, Aloe barbadensis.
For centuries, the plant aloe vera has been used by cultures for its beneficial effects on human health 1. Today aloe vera gel continues to be used in supplements, foods, beverages, and cosmetics. Aloe leaves consist of two major parts, the outer leaf epidermis and the inner leaf gel, which are very different in their chemical composition and properties. Aloe gel is obtained from the inner portion of the leaves. Aloe gel is rich in nutrients and contains an abundant supply of glycoproteins and mono-, oligo- and polysaccharides. Monosaccharide constituents include glucose, mannose, galacturonic acid, glucuronic acid, galactose, arabinose, fucose, glucosamine, fructose, rhamnose and xylose 2.
Much of the health benefits observed by the use of aloe vera gel may be attributed to its high molecular weight polysaccharides. Before a process was developed to stabilize aloe vera gel or extracts, fresh preparations were regarded as being required for any therapeutic efficacy 3. It has now been shown that careful drying of aloe vera gel can retain the polysaccharide content important for producing many of its health benefits 4.
Today, aloe vera gel continues to be used in cosmetics and personal care products as a skin conditioning agent, which acts both to lubricate the skin surface and to increase water content of the top layers of the skin by drawing moisture from the surrounding air 5. According to the Cosmetic Ingredients Review (an independent committee established by the Personal Care Products Council, an industry trade association that thoroughly reviews and assesses the safety of ingredients used in cosmetics), Aloe barbadensis leaf extractis safe to use in the amounts present in our products 6.
- 1. The Merck Index. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Co., Inc., 1996.
- 2. Duncan, C., Ramberg, J., and Sinnott, R. Striking differences in Aloe vera gel carbohydrate composition, molecular weight and particle size distributions following processing will not be addressed by dietary supplement GMPs. Poster Presentation at the 5th Annual Natural Supplements Conference, January 17-20, 2008, Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, San Diego, California.
- 3. Gjerstad G, Riner TD. Current status of aloe as a cure-all. Am J Pharm Sci Support Public Health 1968;140:58-64.
- 4. Ni Y, Turner D, Yates KM, Tizard I. Isolation and characterization of structural components of Aloe vera L. leaf pulp. Int J Immunopharmacol. 2004;4:1745-55.
- 5. International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary and Handbook. Washington, D.C.: The Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association, 2006.
- 6. Cosmetic Ingredient Review. Cosmetic Ingredients Reference Table. http://www.cir-safety.org/staff_files/PublicationsListDec2009.pdf . 2009.
Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil
Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil is produced by pressing coconuts, which are the kernels of the seeds of the coconut palm. Coconut oil aids in dissolving and mixing skin care products, and is a skin conditioning agent that slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface 1. According to the Cosmetic Ingredients Review (an independent committee established by the Personal Care Products Council, an industry trade association that thoroughly reviews and assesses the safety of ingredients used in cosmetics), coconut oil is safe to use in the amounts present in our products 2.
This ingredient can also be found in the following products:
- International Cosmetic Ingredient Dictionary and Handbook. Washington, D.C.: The Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association, 2006.
Products100% Fractionated Coconut Oil with Aloe Gel
Quality and Safety
- Naturally gluten-free
- Free of solvents, preservatives and synthetics
- Does not contain genetically-modified DNA
- Not tested on animals
- In compliance with the Standards of the International Fragrance Association (IFRA)
- Meets stringent quality specifications and is subjected to a number of quality tests for identity and purity, such as optical rotation and refractive index testing, specific gravity testing, organoleptic testing (i.e., color, appearance, odor)
- Rapid-absorbing, light and stable carrier oil that leaves the skin feeling smooth and hydrated
- Aloe vera gel can improve skin hydration
- Will not clog pores
- Excellent for dry, sensitive skin
- Protects and moisturizes the skin
- Skin conditioner
- With a highly moisturizing coconut oil base, our coconut oil is further fractionated to create our medium-chain triglyceride-rich carrier that is a stable, highly soluble oil to which we added pure aloe vera, making it ideal for hydrating the skin